Tuesday, May 15, 2018

The Weekend in Two Parts. Part One

Quilt show!  Cindie and I met up in Grants Pass for the annual Piece Makers Quilt Guild Show. There were some real gems. The series of quilts based on art by Charlie Harper was the BEST! The general quilts, while lovely, just didn't seem to be consistently of the same caliber as years passed. Not that they were bad, just more kit quilts and less innovation I thought. I did manage to snap some pics of the beauties that captured me, so rather than fill this posting up with my usual drivel, I'm going to do pics. You get the drivel on part 2. Fair? Gonna have to be. Feast your eyes!

These first 6 pics are of the Charlie Harper challenge.







All the quilts following are from the general display. There were many more than I took pics of.












Which one is your favorite?

8 comments:

Michelle said...

The butterfly at night! You DIDN'T come home with the dog quilt???

Theresa said...

Michelle, Sadly, the quilts entered in the show are not for sale. The blurb on that quilt mentioned that she was inspired by her two doxie's, whose names were embroidered under to of the dogs.

Leigh said...

I thought that yellow white black zebra was really creative. Hopefully that was original work. I liked all the book inspired ones too. We have similar taste. The green basketweave was pretty and so was the snail trail. I love swirly designs like that.

LA said...

What a feast for the eyes! I love the Red Ribbon city view quilt the best!!! It speaks to me......
Thank you for sharing!

Theresa said...

LA, One of my favorites too. I love the colors. I want to visit that city

Leigh, That zebra was a beautiful piece of precision and yes, it was original. That snails trail and pinwheel was a very big quilt with a ton of small beautifully done piecing.

Susan said...

I would have gladly provided the distraction while you spirited away the sausage quilt (as long as we got joint custody)! There are some absolutely exquisite quilts here!

Theresa said...

Susan, If we could have created enough of a distraction maybe we could have klepted (is that a word, as in klepted clappers!) another one and then we could trade back and forth between the two....

Peg Cherre said...

I've always hated to pick favorites of anything since so MANY are WONDERFUL, but I will tell you that the one that jumped out at me is the 2nd in the 'general' photos - a mixed bag of designs on a white background. Wouldn't this look fab on my bed?!